Aug 1, 2014





“Growing up, I slowly had this process of realizing that all of these things around me that people had told me were just the natural way things were and the way things always would be weren't natural at all. They were things that could be changed and they were things that, more importantly, were wrong and should change. And once I realized that, there was really no going back.”

When you realize that for example schools and universities are made to prevent you from being a fighter like Aaron Swartz; you have a very good start to unwind the vicious circle that they call Freedom, Reason, Science, Art and Democracy. And read this:

Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862), Wikipedia
Civil Disobedience (Thoreau), Wikipedia
Full text: On the Duty of Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau, Project Gutenberg

The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz (2014), Wikipedia
Aaron Swartz (1986–2013), Wikipedia
Interview with Aaron Swartz  from the documentary, SpunOut.ie (2010)
Office Space, post on Aaron Swartz's blog Raw Thought:
"Gray walls, gray desks, gray noise. The first day I showed up here, I simply couldn’t take it. By lunch time I had literally locked myself in a bathroom stall and started crying."

Recommended continued reading and watching: V for Vendetta (2005)

0 comments:

Post a Comment